Customized App Extends CRM System to Field Reps With Highly Specific Capabilities That Boost Overall Productivity of Sales Staff WALTHAM, MA–(Marketwired – Apr 7, 2015) – Verivo Software, the industry’s… Read more »
Verivo Launches Akula 2.0 Mobile Application Platform, Streamlining Development, Security and Governance of Enterprise Mobile Apps
by Gavin Smith, GeekNado
Verivo Software, an enterprise mobile application platform provider, today announced the launch of Akula 2.0. The latest release of the mobile application server provides enterprise IT departments more control, visibility, and governance of their enterprise mobile applications with significant new capabilities. Akula 2.0 is an open platform that enables IT departments to secure and govern mobile services and applications while allowing development teams to access and reuse these services leveraging the front-end tools of their choice.
“As enterprises develop multiple complex apps, IT oversight and governance become more difficult to enforce, thus compromising security, control, management and visibility,” said Chris Marsh, principal analyst, enterprise mobility at Yankee Group. “Enterprises need an open and extensible platform that, rather than just sitting as another silo, can work with existing IT infrastructure and scale policy, security, and compliance across mobile assets.”
Akula 2.0 fills the gap between SOA and the needs of mobile devices by providing services for security, data access, data sync, monitoring, management, and much more – plus the option to add custom services as needed. Capabilities in the new release include:
• Client Actions: A powerful capability that provides a number of built-in client actions to any app automatically including force logout, data wipe, and refresh app permissions, all of which can be generated from within the Akula management console.
• Push Notifications: Enables mobile app developers to quickly and easily add push notifications, such as alerts, badges, and sounds across all of their iOS and Android devices.
• Management Console: The Akula server management console has been greatly expanded to replicate all of the functions of the Akula management REST APIs and allows full management of Akula mobile apps at runtime.
• Public Maven Repository: Developers can now create a new Akula app project in a single step with the Verivo-hosted public Maven repository.
• Android Certification: The Akula client SDK is now certified for Android 4.4 (KitKat).
“We continue to answer to industry demand for a secure, extensible infrastructure that significantly simplifies the mobile enterprise app development process,” said Gregg Bjork, president and chief operating officer of Verivo. “With Akula 2.0, we’ve added key capabilities that help improve development, security, and governance as the industry continues to evolve, and the number of apps companies develops continues to increase.”